Old 19-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Pete C

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:01:53 +0100, "GwG" wrote:

If so, why not name the preservative, instead of vaguely referring to it
as "One of the wood preservative agents mentioned in an earlier posting"
I have read somewhere that certain forms of creosote are harmful, but I
think those forms of creosote are harmful, no matter how they are
applied, so they probably should not be used anyway.
Am I being ignorant of the law regarding the spraying of preservatives
on fences, or does the law specifically refer to the spraying of toxic
substances on fences?

Hi,

All preservatives will have a 'COSHH/MHDS' sheet available from the
manufacturers which will give precautions for application and use.

Also bear in mind creosote type stuff stinks like crazy, and might not
make your garden a more pleasant environment, or endear you to your
neighbours. It's probably overkill for a fence, there are better
alternatives available.

cheers,
Pete.