Old 19-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Stephen Howard

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:38:36 +0100, Rod
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:16:01 +0100, "Leslie"
wrote:

It seems such a shame as Marshalls are one of the best companies around.

They were, quality has gone down a bit recently and we've had a couple
of instances of packets containing the wrong seeds - like Nigella in a
packet that was supposed to be Fennel.
I hope Westland can bring themselves to allow seedspersons to run the
thing rather than accountants and will bring it back to what it was.

Ah...that might well explain why my hanging basket full of seed grown
'Tumbler' tomato plants looks a bit, well, bloody stupid - consisting
as it does of what appears to be half a dozen full sized shrub tomato
plants ( possibly Gardener's Delight ).

Tumbling? No...more like hanging on desperately under the weight.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk