Old 20-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Max Wright

In message , Ginger Gooner
writes

--
New to gardening,
I have a nice plot of land in my garden that i have used this year for veg
had some nice crops of carrots beans peas sweetcorn etc but most now past
there best and have cleared what was left away.
Have dug up the plot and all very tidy but rather than waste the space over
the Winter is there anything i can plant out that will grow in the cold
weather and frost ready for spring????
any help would be great
tks
Kev

You don't say where you are, but in North London I have just sown/am
still sowing: winter spinach, chicories, endive, land cress, claytonia,
corn salad, winter lettuces, oriental mustards (mizuna, mibuna,
green-in-snow, giant red), winter radishes, winter turnips (roots and
greens). It might not be too late to start spring cabbages either. For
some of the leafy salads fleece or plastic may help. Some will yield at
a modest rate right through the winter.

--
Max Wright
www.wys-systems.demon.co.uk/plotcrop