Old 21-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Doug.

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
What are the limits you can have a Conservatory or Sun Lounge to a
neighbour's land/property? And does it matter if they own the fence?
AND, does this distance vary from Council to Council?
We are a semi and I am 'thinking' of a Sun Lounge up to my neighbour
or as close as we can. No problem with any dispute with these
neighbours as we get on very well with ALL of them, front, back and
side :-)).

You will find most answers here.

http://www.onlineplanningoffices.co.uk

Apart from the pure legal requirements many people go wrong by not

talking
to their neighbours before they start work. Often a mutually

acceptable
solution can be found. Likewise it is well worth talking to the

planners
before making an application if you need to make one.

******
Corporation Planners?
Please to not make me laugh out loud. They have a small amount of power
and they are , almost without exception, ignorant tyrants. Do not upset
them or they will block you all the way .
I have had wrong information given to me by them and then, after a
costly fence construction was completed been ordered to take it down,
they even objected to the paint colour which matched that of the lower
half of the house.
My friend designed a lovely bungalow and they didn't like him either.
They blocked him so much all along the line that he had a nervous
breakdown and his house is now a bog-standard 'dump'.
Walk and speak very carefully among those arrogant Jobsworthies.
Or it will be the worse for you.
Doug.
******