Old 21-08-2004, 02:24 PM
GrampysGurl

I have a rhododendron and azalea garden at the back of my lot. It's
beautiful
in the spring but boring green in the summer. Coleus at the front edge
provide
gorgeous color all summer. The bright red ones and the chartreuse (sp?) ones
really stand out.

Marilyn in Ohio

I moved from a mostly son to a mostly partly shaded lot and will be usinf
coleus next year for color along with impatens... Why I didn't think of it this
year is beyond me, I have always been very fond of coleus plants. In the old
yard they just didn't thrive, I know coleus can take a fair bit of sun but it
was way to much for them there and they just shriveled and died or they faded
to very bleached out colors (
Colleen
Zone 5 CT