Old 21-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Phil L

Martin wrote:
:: On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:26:09 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
:: wrote:
::
:::
::: "Hmm" Hmm@somewhere wrote in message
::: ...
:::: Anyone know how to get rid of bamboo that is slowly spreading
:::: its roots across the garden please?
:::: They are so thick and matted that digging them up is nearly
:::: impossible. I need something that can be put on the main patch
:::: but will also kill all the far-reaching roots.
:::
::: You might try spraying glyphosate (Roundup and others) on all the
::: green parts. But having fought a battle against bamboo some years
::: ago, I know that you will have to apply it quite a few times at
::: fortnightly intervals when it is in full growth.
::
:: You could try breeding pandas.
::
:: Do you get a commission for advertising products based on
:: glyphosate?

Do you get a commission for advertising the sale of pandas?

:-p