Old 21-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Gunnar Savage

Default Identification help, please

I have this shrub in my yard and it has been giving me fits trying to figure
out what it is. ANY help would be appreciated. I have put some pics up of it
at:
http://www.lzk-industries.com/pappys...ification.html
For those of you who don't want to go the website, here are the traits for
it:
Shape: Vase shaped 12' tall and six foot across

Leaf: Simple, Alternate, Palmate lobed, 2 1/2" by 1 1/2", rounded cunate
base, dark green on top, light green on bottom, glabourous with very small,
very fines hairs on stem stopping at base, LEAF SCAR is shield to heart
shape.

Bud: Light brown, doubled but once in a while single, rounded

Zone: Growing in Zone 6a

Flowers: Double flowers, rarely 1 flower, lavender in color

Stem: Round, brown, numerous lenticels whiteish-brown.

Once again thank you for your help.

--Scott

P.S. Before someone says I am simply trying to shill my site, Pappy's
Greenhouse is a figment of my imagination and will be for about another five
years. LZK Industries (my online retail business) is officially closed and
there is nothing, no where on my site to buy. I could care less if anyone
looks at the rest of my site. I am just trying to find out what this shrub
is. Thanks again.
--

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely

"WOW-What a Ride!"