Old 21-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Weeble

Thanks for the information. I've got plenty of potting soil

Shell

"Paul Below" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:39:55 GMT, "Weeble" wrote:

Does anyone have any experience growing day lilies in plastic pots? I

have
two large plastic whiskey barrels that I would like to plant day lilies

in
and put in the front yard. I'm wondering what would be the best soil to

put
in the pots. They would be in an area where I've grown day lilies before
but cannot now plant directly in the ground.

Compost, or potting soil, or a mix.

Day lillies aren't too fussy.

Every few years you'll have to divide them -- I wait until the whole
surface of the soil in the pot is covered with stalks -- when that
happens I make a mental note to divide them after the growing season.