Old 21-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Ben

Default fence/hedge in tarmac

I have an area of tarmac next to a public footpath. There used to be a
wooden fence but it was vandalised before I moved in and eventually
pulled down by the council (even though it was on my land). I'd like to
replace it, but don't much fancy the idea of digging up the tarmac to
put new fence posts in (is it as much work as it looks?) and fully
expect it would just be vandalised again anyway. The other idea I had
was to drill big holes in the tarmac and plant seedlings in the holes to
start a hedge, but I have no idea if this would work - how deep is
tarmac usually, and is there loads of hardcore underneath? Which idea
sounds least crazy?