Old 15-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Peter Ashby

K Barrett wrote:

I did that for the same reason and the plant died deader than dead.

I don't know what it wants when they do that. You'd think - like you did -
that the plant was saying it didn't want any medium around its roots. But
maybe its really saying it doesn't want that *type* of medium around its
roots. Or that pot. Or your watering habits. Or the temp you have it in.

good points, the medium I have is generic orchid compost from the local
garden store. I think first step might be to source some coarser bark
for it.

Thanks for all the advice and experience people, this group is good for
these questions.

Peter