Old 16-08-2004, 04:46 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
.. .
As the season winds down it looks like the Wal Marts etc will be closing

out
their inventory soon. I may be tempted to buy a small 150-250 gallon

liner
if the price is right and set up a few fish/plant pond. However, none I
have seen are anything but preforms or 20 mil. Is 20 mil a lot more
temporary if its small enough you dont have to walk in it. Any other

cheap
alternatives?

========================
The cheapest of the cheap are the $9.99 kiddy pools at Wal-Mart. You buy
one of them and a black plastic drop cloth in the paint dept. for about
$3.00. Presto! A cheapo fishpond for about $15.00, tax included. When I
put mine in the ground I set two in for more strength. That was about 5
years ago and it's still there. :-) With rocks around the perimeter and
the lining no one knows it's a cheapo kiddy pool.

I have 6 more I use for holding tanks, plant propagation pools etc.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere."