Old 21-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Nic...thanks for what you are doing...

Y'all are welcome

Speaking for my self...and very likely for others...since some us,

probably
most, are not PC/Internet gurus, I think we should try to keep our
Forum/Galleries as close to KISS systems as we can.

Agreed. The changes I'm talking about are not about complicating your life
(and they shouldn't), but about easing my life.

One part of this is the use of multiple passwords. If we require the use

of
two passwords, then it will soon be three, then four...I know, I know,
passwords protect us and our data, but I HATE PASSWORDS!

Which is why I am suggesting an integrated forum so you can use your
username and password throughout the entire site, including forums.

Are we going to attract more new members with a highly sophisticated

system?

I think here that my intentions were misunderstood. I'm not thinking a
highly sophisticated system. I'm talking about putting in a Content
Management System that is easy to use and powerful. For the average user
visiting the site, there is likely not going to be any difference, except
perhaps improved performance (faster loading for instance).

At this point, with the amount of information we have on the site, using a
content management system is the only option.

In general, a more sophisticated system is more difficult to learn and/or
maintain.

Not necessarily so. In this case, the "system", named Mambo, is a very easy
to use CMS. I know a 12 year old who's created sites with it, no worries
But that's beside the point. From a user point of view, there is no real
learning to do. Just use the site as you would any other site. Unless you
want to submit content. When that is the case, you end up with a friendly
user interface to allow you to do that.

Another part of learning would be how the integrated forum function. That
is, keeping the same/similar functionality as the current forum, just that
functions are organised a little differently. I'm not talking about adding
lots of bells and whistles.

I hope this provides a little more information and reassurances as to what
I'm hoping to accomplish.

Nic

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++