Old 19-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Newbie Bill

I hope you dont lose your beautiful fish. If you cant see it I wonder if
that means you have green water. That could be depleting the oxygen.
Getting the waterfall going again will definitely help. If you havent done
so already, it might be worth the small investment to put a couple of
airstones in as additional insurance as well as additional steps to curb the
algae if that is a problem.
Happy Ponding
Bill Brister

"Cookie" wrote in message
.. .
Hi , I have had my pond about 7 years. I am in upstate NY with frigid
winters. Yesterday I had a major crisis. When I woke up the waterfall was
not working. I went out to look and noticed the pond had gone down about 8
inches (12X15---2200 gallons)
The Koi were in major distress, especially my largest blue one. He is

about
2 feet long and was upside down f(. I assessed that there wasn't enough
oxygen in the water and proceeded to take the steps to correct it. I

worked
furiously all day. About 2 in the afternoon everyone seemed to be

stabilized
. I thought I saw MR Blue swimming but I have not seen him since. I am
hoping and praying that he is still alive but if he were not would he

float
to the top? How long would that take? Thank you for any help. Sofia of

the
Pond