Old 19-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Roy

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:02:49 GMT, "Cookie"
wrote:

===Hi , I have had my pond about 7 years. I am in upstate NY with frigid
===winters. Yesterday I had a major crisis. When I woke up the waterfall was
===not working. I went out to look and noticed the pond had gone down about 8
===inches (12X15---2200 gallons)
===The Koi were in major distress, especially my largest blue one. He is about
===2 feet long and was upside down f(. I assessed that there wasn't enough
===oxygen in the water and proceeded to take the steps to correct it. I worked
===furiously all day. About 2 in the afternoon everyone seemed to be stabilized
===. I thought I saw MR Blue swimming but I have not seen him since. I am
===hoping and praying that he is still alive but if he were not would he float
===to the top? How long would that take? Thank you for any help. Sofia of the
===Pond
===

Usually they will eventually float to the top when they die. A lot has
to do with water temp etc until they form sufficient gasses etc to
make em bouyant. Hope your worst fears are not a reality.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.