Old 24-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Christopher Green

"mulroys" wrote in message ...
I'm afraid that my yard is overrun with the things. They are quite
prehistoric, and I actually have a shale fossil of a plant that is very
similar.

I've been pulling them for a year, but if I leave the tiniest bit of root,
they just grow back.

I've tried paraquat, glyphosphate, and 2-4-d. They seem to enjoy it.

I don't want to use a soil sterilizer, but I'm stumped.

Thank you in advance

You have to admire, even if grudgingly, a plant that is capable of
withstanding everything nature and man have thrown at it since the
Triassic...

If you keep at it long enough, eventually you will starve the last of
the rhizomes. But it takes a lot of patience to outlast something that
prehistoric.

--
Chris Green