Old 24-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Bob Black
writes
I'm trying to grow some bindweed for the purposes of
laying an ardivulent trestle or trellis structure.
Any (sensible) suggestions as to how I might achieve this?

I have a rather small garden so a convactulated approach will
probably be required.

I know it's a very borderline plant in the UK, because it needs hot
summers to ripen its wood for the winter, and does not like
waterlogging but I can 'foster' this situation for now at least.

Bindweed is a plant in the convolvulus family. In its natural form it is
invasive and difficult to control, thus it is not encouraged by
gardeners. There are cultivated varieties of convolvulus though which
would do the job very well. Have a look at some online catalogues for
full details, e.g. www.thompson-morgan.com www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk etc.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.