Old 24-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Phil L

Lee Davison wrote:
:: Hi,
:: I dont know if this is the correct forum but reading around theres
:: plenty of experience on here so someone might be able to advise.
:: I purchase about 2 weeks ago one of those carnivorous plants - a
:: "sarracenia hybride" according to the label. It was fine on my
:: window cill until I noticed the edges of the leaves turning brown.
:: I left it on the bathroom where it is more humid and it seemed to
:: perk up. Now its back at the dying stage. If I explain what it
:: looks like can someone suggest a cu
::
:: The centre of the plant looks reasonably well and theres a new
:: shoot coming dead centre. Outwards from there it starts to die
:: off, theres about a dozen leaves which have gone light brown /
:: whitey in colour, and theres several more where the tips are
:: turning brown, drying out and curling over and feel crusty to the
:: touch.
:: I water it every 2 days, Ive not changed anything since I bought
:: it and theres definately no bugs on it.
::
:: Can anyone help?

They don't like tap water, only rainwater...see he
http://home.wanadoo.nl/aryenadahobbe...OR_INSIDE.htmL