Old 24-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Max Wright

In message , Robert
writes

"georgina" wrote in message
: i have a new allotment and at this time of year i am wondering what i
could
: plant at this time of year
: could someone advise me as i am new to allotment gardening
: help!!!!
:
spring cabbages, overwintering onions, garlic, broad beans in a month or
two if you are not in a cold spot. Try Marshalls catalogue for some ideas.

Where are you? I can only speak from North London experience. Here I
find it's still well worth sowing winter spinach, oriental mustards,
chicories, winter lettuce and other salad leaves such as land cress,
lamb's lettuce and claytonia. Some of these may benefit from protection
with fleece or plastic.
--
Max Wright
www.wys-systems.demon.co.uk/plotcrop