Old 25-08-2004, 02:27 AM
Nedra Crow

Scott,
Please leave the koi in your pond. This aquarium is not nearly large enough
to accommodate
4 eight inch koi. You say your have an aerator and heater in the pond.
This will be fine
to winter over the koi.

Nedra in Missouri

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Scott M." wrote in message
Hi,

I live in Ottawa, Ont and soon it will be winter. Actually, it felt

pretty
cold this morning. Anyways, My son has a friend with a large 65 gal.
aquarium for sale. It is 36 inches wide by 18 inches by 18 inches. My
thought was to bring the four koi (about 8 inches long each) in so that

could enjoy them throughout the winter. The goldfish would stay in the

pond
with the aerator and heater. I like the idea of seeing the koi but am

not
sure if I want to have to do a lot to maintain them. In the pond, I

wouldn't
have to do too much. Any thoughts?

Scott M.

p.s. My pond can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/4xp2p

IMHO, you will need to put a lot of effort into filtration to make this
work.

BV.