Old 24-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Scott M.

Default Moving fish inside

Hi,

I live in Ottawa, Ont and soon it will be winter. Actually, it felt pretty
cold this morning. Anyways, My son has a friend with a large 65 gal.
aquarium for sale. It is 36 inches wide by 18 inches by 18 inches. My
thought was to bring the four koi (about 8 inches long each) in so that I
could enjoy them throughout the winter. The goldfish would stay in the pond
with the aerator and heater. I like the idea of seeing the koi but am not
sure if I want to have to do a lot to maintain them. In the pond, I wouldn't
have to do too much. Any thoughts?

Scott M.

p.s. My pond can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/4xp2p

Old 24-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Larry

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:37:38 -0400, "Scott M."
wrote:

Hi,

I live in Ottawa, Ont and soon it will be winter. Actually, it felt pretty
cold this morning. Anyways, My son has a friend with a large 65 gal.
aquarium for sale. It is 36 inches wide by 18 inches by 18 inches. My
thought was to bring the four koi (about 8 inches long each) in so that I
could enjoy them throughout the winter. The goldfish would stay in the pond
with the aerator and heater. I like the idea of seeing the koi but am not
sure if I want to have to do a lot to maintain them. In the pond, I wouldn't
have to do too much. Any thoughts?

Scott M.

Hi Scott,

Rustic setting is right. Absolutely beautiful. Think I'd be spending
most of my time there away from the mad rush of day to day.

That Heron though, were you worried about your goldfish?

All the best,

Larry
Southern Ontario

Old 24-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Scott M." wrote in message
Hi,

I live in Ottawa, Ont and soon it will be winter. Actually, it felt pretty
cold this morning. Anyways, My son has a friend with a large 65 gal.
aquarium for sale. It is 36 inches wide by 18 inches by 18 inches. My
thought was to bring the four koi (about 8 inches long each) in so that I
could enjoy them throughout the winter. The goldfish would stay in the

pond
with the aerator and heater. I like the idea of seeing the koi but am not
sure if I want to have to do a lot to maintain them. In the pond, I

wouldn't
have to do too much. Any thoughts?

Scott M.

p.s. My pond can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/4xp2p

IMHO, you will need to put a lot of effort into filtration to make this
work.

BV.

Old 25-08-2004, 02:27 AM
Nedra Crow

Scott,
Please leave the koi in your pond. This aquarium is not nearly large enough
to accommodate
4 eight inch koi. You say your have an aerator and heater in the pond.
This will be fine
to winter over the koi.

Nedra in Missouri

Old 25-08-2004, 04:02 AM

dont put koi into glass aquariums. if you must get a 100 gallon rubbermaid and put a
net over the top and makes sure the net is secured. make a gravity filter and make
sure it is running on the pond for 3 weeks before moving it and the koi inside
http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/...AVITY%20FILTER
bringing fish in from the pond requires "cleaning them up"
http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/...m%20the%20pond
frankly, I dropped a 500watt heater into my 1600 gallon pond, put plastic lean to
over it and kept the water 50oF or better for 11 out of 12 months in zone 5. and my
pond has 18" above ground.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mypond/winters/winter.htm
Ingrid

"Scott M." wrote:

Hi,

I live in Ottawa, Ont and soon it will be winter. Actually, it felt pretty
cold this morning. Anyways, My son has a friend with a large 65 gal.
aquarium for sale. It is 36 inches wide by 18 inches by 18 inches. My
thought was to bring the four koi (about 8 inches long each) in so that I
could enjoy them throughout the winter. The goldfish would stay in the pond
with the aerator and heater. I like the idea of seeing the koi but am not
sure if I want to have to do a lot to maintain them. In the pond, I wouldn't
have to do too much. Any thoughts?

Scott M.

p.s. My pond can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/4xp2p

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 25-08-2004, 04:02 AM

"Scott M." wrote:

Hi,

I live in Ottawa, Ont and soon it will be winter. Actually, it felt pretty
cold this morning. Anyways, My son has a friend with a large 65 gal.
aquarium for sale. It is 36 inches wide by 18 inches by 18 inches. My
thought was to bring the four koi (about 8 inches long each) in so that I
could enjoy them throughout the winter. The goldfish would stay in the pond
with the aerator and heater. I like the idea of seeing the koi but am not
sure if I want to have to do a lot to maintain them. In the pond, I wouldn't
have to do too much. Any thoughts?

Scott M.

p.s. My pond can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/4xp2p

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

LINDA WEST of CHIPMAN UNITED VAN LINES likes to commit Fraud & Forgery and she likes to put peoples names on moving contracts without there Knowledge. Caton Mayflower Moving & Storage Movers & Relocation Dublin,ca & concord,ca 925) 876-7441, 925-887- vinkovci United Kingdom 1 11-10-2005 10:48 PM
MOVING-help w/ moving fish and temporary pond Judi9000 Ponds 9 25-05-2004 03:02 AM
Moving Fish david.crouch7 Ponds 4 23-11-2003 10:43 PM
Fish Moving Advice David Barnsley Ponds 5 19-05-2003 10:08 PM
Wintering pond fish inside Mark & Kathy Mills Ponds 2 24-02-2003 10:45 PM