Old 25-08-2004, 04:45 AM
Steve Ravet

"John T. Jarrett" wrote:

If the thicker vines going up the tree are hairy, you've got a ringer
for sure!

yup. I thought that one was bad. Yesterday I found an entire poison
ivy tree. It dwarfs the red oak sapling that it's attached to. 10 feed
high and several feet across. Plenty of young 'uns coming up underneath
it. And apparently even Round Up doesn't kill it permanently.

Better keep some rubbing alcohol handy to wipe off exposed skin before
you head inside :)

Scrubbing all over in a cold shower right after messing with it has been
working so far, no more rashes so far.

Dripping Springs -- where the bugs are bigger and the plants are
dangerous! :-)

thanks,
--steve