Old 22-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Steve Ravet

Default poison ivy?

Is this poison ivy?

ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/uploads/sgr/poisonivy1.jpg

ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/uploads/sgr/poisonivy2.jpg

thanks,
--steve
Old 22-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Victor Martinez

Steve Ravet wrote:
Is this poison ivy?

Sure looks like it...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 22-08-2004, 05:10 AM
Russell

Looks like it to me, also.

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Steve Ravet wrote:
Is this poison ivy?

Sure looks like it...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 22-08-2004, 02:44 PM
John T. Jarrett

If the thicker vines going up the tree are hairy, you've got a ringer
for sure!

Better keep some rubbing alcohol handy to wipe off exposed skin before
you head inside :)

John

"Russell" wrote in message
Looks like it to me, also.

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Steve Ravet wrote:
Is this poison ivy?

Sure looks like it...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 22-08-2004, 03:44 PM
GeneS

Looks like poison oak to me.
"THREE" leaf cluster = BAD
Four or five leaf cluster = OK

BTW, over the years we have found only "ONE" good solution
for treating poison oak, etc.
1. Upon exposure, wipe exposed skin area with mild Burrows Solution.
2. Treat infected areas with it too - it goes away in a day or so ...
3. Those ear "infections" are actually something like athlete's foot
and a few days of putting a mild B/S in each ear will put you back to
normal.
I can't understand what the Drs continue to treat the ear inflammation as
an infection - Geesh.
4. You may have to have the drug store at Wally-Mart "order" some B/S powder
for you (Domeboro) - generally, drug stores & doctors do not make much money
from it,
so it never gets prescribed:-)

Hope this helps:-)

***COPY***
*Aluminum Sulphate Solution. Also called Burrows solution, aluminum sulphate
solution is sold under several brand names: Bluboro, BurVeen, and Domeboro.
It contains calcium acetate and will ease itching caused by rashes or
infection.

Dont use Burrows solution undiluted as it can irritate the skin. Dilute 1
part Burrows solution with 10 to 40 parts water and apply to skin. Dont
cover the skin with plastic or rubber; the skin needs to breathe. Change the
dressing every 5 to 15 minutes for up to 8 changes in 2 hours.

***********

Gene

Old 25-08-2004, 04:45 AM
Steve Ravet

"John T. Jarrett" wrote:

If the thicker vines going up the tree are hairy, you've got a ringer
for sure!

yup. I thought that one was bad. Yesterday I found an entire poison
ivy tree. It dwarfs the red oak sapling that it's attached to. 10 feed
high and several feet across. Plenty of young 'uns coming up underneath
it. And apparently even Round Up doesn't kill it permanently.

Better keep some rubbing alcohol handy to wipe off exposed skin before
you head inside :)

Scrubbing all over in a cold shower right after messing with it has been
working so far, no more rashes so far.

Dripping Springs -- where the bugs are bigger and the plants are
dangerous! :-)

thanks,
--steve
Old 25-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Catbird

"Steve Ravet" wrote in message
yup. I thought that one was bad. Yesterday I found an entire poison
ivy tree. It dwarfs the red oak sapling that it's attached to. 10 feed
high and several feet across. Plenty of young 'uns coming up underneath
it. And apparently even Round Up doesn't kill it permanently.

Yeesh, I almost got a rash just looking at your pics. Now I think I've got a
rash just reading about that big ol' poison ivy tree.

--
Catbird, allergic to poison ivy, latex, and mango skin.

"Oh-oh, her schizo is about to phrenia" - Bob Hope

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It -systemic killers rtih Lawns 0 17-05-2003 08:32 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Lawns 20 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM