Old 25-08-2004, 04:02 AM

dont put koi into glass aquariums. if you must get a 100 gallon rubbermaid and put a
net over the top and makes sure the net is secured. make a gravity filter and make
sure it is running on the pond for 3 weeks before moving it and the koi inside
http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/...AVITY%20FILTER
bringing fish in from the pond requires "cleaning them up"
http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/...m%20the%20pond
frankly, I dropped a 500watt heater into my 1600 gallon pond, put plastic lean to
over it and kept the water 50oF or better for 11 out of 12 months in zone 5. and my
pond has 18" above ground.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mypond/winters/winter.htm
Ingrid

"Scott M." wrote:

Hi,

I live in Ottawa, Ont and soon it will be winter. Actually, it felt pretty
cold this morning. Anyways, My son has a friend with a large 65 gal.
aquarium for sale. It is 36 inches wide by 18 inches by 18 inches. My
thought was to bring the four koi (about 8 inches long each) in so that I
could enjoy them throughout the winter. The goldfish would stay in the pond
with the aerator and heater. I like the idea of seeing the koi but am not
sure if I want to have to do a lot to maintain them. In the pond, I wouldn't
have to do too much. Any thoughts?

Scott M.

p.s. My pond can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/4xp2p

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List