Old 25-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

I soak them in brine for 24 hours first. Apparently(?) that way they keep
longer.

Jeanne
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote
I have just started the laborious job of peeling our shallots ready for
pickling. I notice that a lot of them are quite green. Is this normal?

Do
need to keep peeling back until there is no green left?

No, as long as the brown outer skins are off it's OK.
Don't you pickle them a jar at a time, i.e. peel them and pop them

straight
into a sterilised jar until it's full, top up with spices and vinegar and
seal?

--
Regards
Bob