Old 25-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Victoria Clare

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in
:

If you want something similar but
smaller, many of the bright coloured leafed clones around are a lot
smaller and slower growing. there are also some quite bright
cordylines.

Thanks - I don't think I shall be replacing it though - there are a whole
bunch of nice smaller things growing around it already - if I just can
remove enough root to stop it growing back, they will very quickly rush
together and join up over the gap. That border must have been very densely
planted even when the plants were young...

I should have said that I do quite like the phormium - it's a majestic-
looking thing and has put up a great display of flowers this year. It's
just in completely the wrong place (which probably makes it a weed!).

I don't really have an ideal spot for it (most of my garden is pretty
shady/ woodlandy) or I'd try to move it rather than eliminate it.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall