Old 25-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Roy

On 24 Aug 2004 21:42:22 -0700, (Jerry G) wrote:

===Hi All,
===
===Paid big bucks for a liner for my 4'X 8'x 3' pond. Losing about 2
===inches of water daily.....I doubt the waterfall can spray that much.
===I'm really frustrated and want to just pull out the liner and replace
===with a big rubber tub. Does anyone know of a tub this size?
===Rubbermaid's BIG tubs are round, and I don't have enough room for a
===circular tub.
===
===I would sure appreciate it if anyone knows of such a thing. I have
===looked and looked at farm supply places with no luck.

Don;t underestimnate the quanity of water you can loose in a very
small leak or at the waterfall. It can be surprising. Other than a
custom made fiberglasss shell I don;t know of any other preformed
containers. I would start troubleshooting, and start at the most
obvious areas. A friend had a leak and was ready to pull out the liner
and fill the hole back in and call it quits after a long time of
looking an finding nothing. It turned out to be a small puncture in
his liner. I would shut off the water fall to start, and see if water
level continues to drop. If it does, I would keep an eye on it and see
just how far it drops, but have water handy to replace it if it gets
too low and you have fish etc n the pond or relocate the fish to a
temporary container. If it continues to drop at the same rate and then
stops check the liner at that water level. It is possible to have a
pond with a leak that will leak more when its totally full than when
its not as full as pressure from the water can affect how a leak is,
so if you check at the final water level and find nothing, look a bit
deeper......But waterfalls to ponds are probably a number one source
of most pond leaks, short of a liner with a puncture.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.