Old 25-08-2004, 05:42 AM
Jerry G

Default Preformed Pond Liners

Hi All,

Paid big bucks for a liner for my 4'X 8'x 3' pond. Losing about 2
inches of water daily.....I doubt the waterfall can spray that much.
I'm really frustrated and want to just pull out the liner and replace
with a big rubber tub. Does anyone know of a tub this size?
Rubbermaid's BIG tubs are round, and I don't have enough room for a
circular tub.

I would sure appreciate it if anyone knows of such a thing. I have
looked and looked at farm supply places with no luck.
Old 25-08-2004, 06:43 AM
how

"Jerry G" wrote in message
om...
Hi All,

Paid big bucks for a liner for my 4'X 8'x 3' pond. Losing about 2
inches of water daily.....I doubt the waterfall can spray that much.
snip

Hi,
Prove your theory about the waterfall by shutting it off and see what
happens to the leak.
Monitor it for a couple days. If you have fish it may be advisable to put an
airstone and aerator during this test.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good

Old 25-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Roy

On 24 Aug 2004 21:42:22 -0700, (Jerry G) wrote:

===Hi All,
===
===Paid big bucks for a liner for my 4'X 8'x 3' pond. Losing about 2
===inches of water daily.....I doubt the waterfall can spray that much.
===I'm really frustrated and want to just pull out the liner and replace
===with a big rubber tub. Does anyone know of a tub this size?
===Rubbermaid's BIG tubs are round, and I don't have enough room for a
===circular tub.
===
===I would sure appreciate it if anyone knows of such a thing. I have
===looked and looked at farm supply places with no luck.

Don;t underestimnate the quanity of water you can loose in a very
small leak or at the waterfall. It can be surprising. Other than a
custom made fiberglasss shell I don;t know of any other preformed
containers. I would start troubleshooting, and start at the most
obvious areas. A friend had a leak and was ready to pull out the liner
and fill the hole back in and call it quits after a long time of
looking an finding nothing. It turned out to be a small puncture in
his liner. I would shut off the water fall to start, and see if water
level continues to drop. If it does, I would keep an eye on it and see
just how far it drops, but have water handy to replace it if it gets
too low and you have fish etc n the pond or relocate the fish to a
temporary container. If it continues to drop at the same rate and then
stops check the liner at that water level. It is possible to have a
pond with a leak that will leak more when its totally full than when
its not as full as pressure from the water can affect how a leak is,
so if you check at the final water level and find nothing, look a bit
deeper......But waterfalls to ponds are probably a number one source
of most pond leaks, short of a liner with a puncture.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Old 25-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Jerry G

"how" wrote in message ...
"Jerry G" wrote in message
om...
Hi All,

Paid big bucks for a liner for my 4'X 8'x 3' pond. Losing about 2
inches of water daily.....I doubt the waterfall can spray that much.
snip

Hi,
Prove your theory about the waterfall by shutting it off and see what
happens to the leak.
Monitor it for a couple days. If you have fish it may be advisable to put an
airstone and aerator during this test.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good

I am aware of the way to test the waterfall, but thanks for the
reminder. And I think the preformed liners are way cool. The real
issue is my lack of patience. Can anyone direct me to a preformed
that will fit my 4'X 8'x 3' pond...please be specific if you know of a
manufacturer.

Old 25-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Pinkpggy

Losing about 2
inches of water daily.....I doubt the waterfall can spray that much.

You would be amazed at how much water can come from a leak in a waterfall. If
you haven't checked your hose to the waterfall do so, just a tiny little
pinhole can cause a large leak. Most preformed ponds aren't that deep, unless
it would be a fiberglass one. Do a search on preformed ponds, fiberglass
mainly, and you might be able to come up with something that way. At any rate,
good luck.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html
Old 25-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Pinkpggy

Losing about 2
inches of water daily.....I doubt the waterfall can spray that much.

You would be amazed at how much water can come from a leak in a waterfall. If
you haven't checked your hose to the waterfall do so, just a tiny little
pinhole can cause a large leak. Most preformed ponds aren't that deep, unless
it would be a fiberglass one. Do a search on preformed ponds, fiberglass
mainly, and you might be able to come up with something that way. At any rate,
good luck.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html

Greenseal Rubber Pond Liners & Lake Liners FLP Ponds 2 06-04-2010 11:34 PM
Preformed Pond Liners Jerry G Ponds 0 25-08-2004 05:42 AM
Preformed Pond Liners Bill Parker Ponds 12 04-03-2004 05:32 AM
Preformed Pond Liners/sorry Denise Ponds 2 02-03-2004 03:03 AM
Preformed Pond Liners Bill Parker Ponds 0 29-02-2004 03:57 PM