Old 25-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Victoria Clare

Sacha wrote in
k:

I don't know what's happened to the company but Totally Tomatoes had
many heritage tomatoes in their catalogue - from America, Russia,
Poland, England. I tried to find their catalogue this year (they had
an address in Newton Abbot) but they seem to have disappeared from
sight altogether.

I think I read that they were bought out by Thomson and Morgan.
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/list/tomatoes seems to have a fairly
long list, including a number of heritage varieties.

There is a US company called 'totally tomatoes' that is still trading.

Personally, I feel that a move towards tomatoes that taste less and less
tomatoey is a blow for sanity and tastebuds, but I am aware this is a
minority viewpoint ;-)

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill