Old 25-08-2004, 06:19 PM
mulroys

Great! I got a half acre of the things. I guess that makes me the
horsetail tycoon.

"Roy" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:26:51 -0700, "mulroys"
wrote:

===I'm afraid that my yard is overrun with the things. They are quite
===prehistoric, and I actually have a shale fossil of a plant that is

very
===similar.
===
===I've been pulling them for a year, but if I leave the tiniest bit of

root,
===they just grow back.
===
===I've tried paraquat, glyphosphate, and 2-4-d. They seem to enjoy

it.
===
===I don't want to use a soil sterilizer, but I'm stumped.
===
===Thank you in advance
===

Take advantage of having it and dig it and pot it and sell it on ebay
to the pond entuhusiasts. We had been looking for some all summer
long but all the sotres that carry it were sold out in early
spring.Very popular with ponders.......
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.