Old 25-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Rob Halgren

janet_a wrote:

Pot grower faces murder charges for firefighter deaths

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A house blaze that killed two
firefighters started in a tangle of wires and lamps that were
installed to grow marijuana in a basement closet, authorities said.

Never wire a plant room while high, I think is the practical
message... In all seriousness, if you aren't sure how to calculate your
electrical loads, and properly size and install your wiring, hire an
electrician. Extension cord piles that look like pasta just aren't
safe. It is just common sense, and it really isn't that expensive.
I've been wiring all sorts of rooms for years (garages, kitchens,
basements, plant rooms), but I still defer to the experts whenever I
have the slightest question about what I'm doing.

Of course I have had electricians (and plumbers) look more than a
little curiously at my requirements. I usually have to take them on a
tour of the plant room to convince them that either a) I need a service
panel twice as big as normal, or b) yes, I know you could grow illegal
plants under these lights, thanks for the heads up.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )