Old 25-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Gary Woods

Black Shuck wrote:

I when I come to use the strimmer int he garden, I spend more time
taking it apart to get some more line, than I do strimming.

I have an ancient Stihl strimmer with a "tap on the ground to feed" head.
Never had any problem unless the string was down to the last couple of
turns around the spool. You should probably check with a servicing dealer
to make sure you haven't done something dumb* like winding the string the
wrong way or putting something together oddly.

*If you can find a dumb thing to do that _I_ haven't already done, you're
truly creative!

Peace,