Old 25-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Alan Walker

Also check out Cotoneaster at the BCI Species Guide at:
http://www.bonsai-bci.com/species/cotoneaster.html

Alan Walker

From: "kevin bailey"
Sorry, I've missed out on this thread. Your climate sounds fine
to me. What species of Cotoneaster are you talking of? I see
several species growing wild on limestone hillsides here and
flowering profusely.

They are remarkably easy from cuttings, so I'd try a couple in a
mix with some limestone added.

The garden varieties prosper in poor soils too, so I think that
you are giving them growing conditions that promote too much
luxuriant growth.
Good luck
Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales