Old 26-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Mike Lyle

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message ...
"Brenda Gibbons" wrote
in message ...

This year I planted two mini all female cucumber in growbags in the
potting shed. I must add that the shed has a see through roof! The
vines have taken over and producing hundreds of tiny fruit which

don't
grow more than 2". (I am pickling them - delicious). Any ideas as

why I have not got any 5/6" size.

Because they have all gone beyond 5/6" to reach 2"?

Do you know what variety they are? You may have been sold a pickling
gherkin type. As you're picking a lot, it doesn't sound as though
removing some will allow the remainder to grow bigger. A more valuable
crop than fresh cucumber, anyhow! As you probably only want one or two
fresh ones a week, the greengrocer will oblige, leaving you to feel
you've had a bargain with the cornichons.

Mike.