Old 26-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Black Shuck

David Hill wrote:

Black Shuck wrote

"........ I when I come to use the strimmer int he garden, I spend more time
taking it apart to get some more line, than I do strimming. It would be
quicker using scissors .........."

You don't say what sort of strimmer you use.
You don't say what you are trying to cut either, but I would try getting
heavier line, also sounds as if you don't wind your line tight enough onto
the spool.
With the better machines you can get a head that takes Nylon blades, these
could be better for you if your machine will take the head.

It's a JCB Petrol strimmer, got it from Argos earlier this year, but the
previous electric strimmer did the same. The wire that is breaking, is
from the original spool wound by the manufacturer.

Do you know where I can get these nylon blades? Very interested....

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."