Old 27-08-2004, 06:11 PM
curious

Buy silica gel and place rose in box and sprinkle with silica gel to bury
the rose and leave for several weeks, it will dry out with color intact.

Check it from time to time to see if the rose is completely dry.

"Candy" wrote in message
I don't know if this is the place to ask, or if I should be asking
somewhere else. I recently received a miniature rose that my husband
found on a rosebush that someone had thoughtlessly destroyed. It is so
beautiful that I thought that I would like to preserve it as it is, that
is, how it looks now. I thought that it would look great suspended in
something like a paperweight (or something like that), but I can't seem
to find any information on how to do it myself, or a service that can do
it, or a kit. Does anyone have any ideas? I would rather not dry it,
and if I can, I'd like to preserve it how it looks now. Does anyone
have any ideas? I'm hoping that there are many different ways of doing
it. Thank you very much. ~~Candy