Old 27-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Snooze

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
Benign Vanilla wrote:

And you didn't waste it right? You tossed it on the BBQ? The fish, not

the
frog.

I assume you meant bird not fish... (it wasn't a goldfish but a
goldfinch. *grin*) Nope, bird went into the garbage can. I find quail
(much bigger than goldfinch) to not be worth eating due to the ratio of
meat to bones. I suspect a goldfinch would be even worse. Besides, it
looked so pitiful.

The bird had chosen a burial at sea, and you gave it a burial with the rest
of the garbage instead?
At least give it one last flight, put it on shovel, and fling it over the
fence as hard as you can. With luck, you can hit the neighbors 2-3 houses
down.

I occasionally find dead squirrels and birds in our yard. I usually dig hole
near one the bushes, and toss it in, let 'em feed the bushes for a season.

Sameer