Old 28-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Ford Prefect

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:17:38 +0100, Kay
wrote:

In article , Ford Prefect
writes
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:43:12 +0100, Kay
wrote:

And use rain water unless your tap water is very soft.

Surely soft tap water still isn't good for CP's the waters got to be
on the acid side (I'm not a chemist just a grower),

If it's soft it doesn't have much in the way of calcium compounds and is
not highly alkaline. It's more that they need it non-alkaline rather
than they need it acidic, though they can cope with acidic.

I've heard of
people growing in distilled water but the plants are nowhere near as
healthy as ones grown in rain water,

But that could be for lots of other reasons apart from pH. Distilled
water doesn't have anything in apart from water.

I use rainwater because it's free, and tap water when I run out of
rainwater.

Just out of interest what do you grow?
Ford