Old 29-08-2004, 03:50 AM
Chip Stein

I can get it to start and run (sort of) if I squirt gas down the barrel of
the carb. If don't do that, it won't start at all. As soon as I quit
squirting gas, it quits.

The fuel pump seems to work because I tried to start it with the top of the
carb off. When I did that, gas was squirting up from the input of the carb.
The bowl was full of gas. The float and float valve seem to move freely.

Originally, when the problem first started, the engine would start, but ran
roughly and didn't have enough power to continue running if I put any kind
of load on the generator (i.e.. tried to run my compressor off the
generator).

you have to have a restriction in the main jet. if it runs on
prime and the pump works, that's where you need to look. take the carb
apart and run a wire through the passages, one of them is stopped up.
Chip