Old 29-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Travis

Twobtold wrote:

Hi --
Two seasons ago I bought a few liners from a nursery in NJ.
They were tagged as Hebe Quicksilver. Last season they did not
flower but the leaves were impressive, very variable in color.
The plants grew to about 8 inches.
This season the plants are about 2 feet tall, still with
leaves of cream or green; cream with green; green with cream;
others have blotches on them ranging from rust colored to dark
brown.
But now I have the first flower spike with little Red buds
on it. Hebe Quicksilver is supposed to have pale Mauve flowers.
Can anyone ID this plant?
http://members.aol.com/twobtold/Garden/HebeFlower.jpg
http://members.aol.com/twobtold/Garden/1HebeLeaf.jpg
http://members.aol.com/twobtold/Garden/2HebeLeaf.jpg
TIA (NJ,Z6)

It's Persicaria. Do a Google search and pick out your specific plant.
They can be invasive. Japanese Knotweed is in the same family.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington