Old 29-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Sacha

On 29/8/04 11:01, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 28/8/04 18:44, in article
,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We have a plant in the garden that neither Ray nor I can remember the

name
of. snip Dianella?

Janet

You're a genius! Ray had got to the 'Di' bit and that was it. Thank you,
Janet! Now all we have to do is remember where we got them from - one of
our forays or a present from someone....... ;-)
--

Ah but which one?! :~)

Which Dianella or which friend? In the case of the latter, was it you?! In
the case of the former, D. caerulea. D. tasmanica is much taller by the
sound of things. What's curious is that a Google image search shows the
berries in two completely different forms of growth for D. caerulea and I
can only imagine that is to do with climate differences. Ours grows berries
like the one on the Zurich botanical page and not at all like the one from a
Brisbane page.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk