Old 29-08-2004, 03:17 PM
mr davidii mr davidii is offline
Registered User

Location: Oxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline
DH wondered:
By the way, they told me I couldn't grow jasmine from a cutting, but
somehow (more or less by accident), I did! So maybe I can work
miracles!?

Plants have this innate desire to live and do their very best against all
odds. Also, they did not know that they were not supposed to grow from
cuttings so they did it anyway.

Caroline
hi i dont mean to but in or any thing but i would suggest parthenocissus quinkifolia (boston ivy) the boston should climb up ur pole and stay there no matter about the wind and it has brilliant red foliage in mid summer turning to a bronze/green for the rest of the year. i think it would do really well in the conditions u stated. if u cannot find it say an i can giv u a address. good luck and happy gardening