Old 29-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Franz Heymann wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

Despite the bullshit about global warming turning this
country into a wine-growing area, English wines are pretty fair

gnat's
**** in general. You MAY be luckier ....

That does not square well with the number of prizes won by English
white wines in blind tasting sessions.

No, it doesn't. But there are several alternative explanations for
that. And most of the ones I have tried WERE from award-winning
makers, often claimed to be some of their better years.

It also does not square well with my own experience, but that might of
course just signify that I like gnat's ****.

It could be. I have not tried any that weren't thin, and usually with
other faults as well.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.