Old 29-08-2004, 11:03 PM
DH

(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

"DH" writes:

(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

| Which honeysuckle is it? The requirement for roots in shade is
| grossly overstated for both honeysuckle and clematis, though
| there are some where it could make a difference.
|
| Its periclymenum 'Graham Thomas'

Not a heat-lover, then. But it isn't half as sensitive to hot,
dry conditions at the root as many of the books say.

In that case, how about some ferns or heather? Haven't got a clue
whether they'd cause any trouble for Mr. Thomas. The garden centre
said they'd be okay, but their advice has sometimes been a bit iffy.
They recommended pansies, but they're not really my cup of tea.

ta
DH