Old 30-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Bonnie said:
We dug some of our red potatoes as the vines were dead . How do we =
go about storing them? My husband heard something about leaving them in =
the sun for a day or so,but I thought the sun was bad for them,would =
turn them green.

I store mine right in the ground under a thick layer of chopped straw. The
risks are that voles will nibble on some of them. The benefits are that they
are stored in a cool, damp area so they don't sprout and shrivel up, which is
what potatoes stored in my house always do.

(attributed to Don Marti)