Old 30-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Cat

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
It is time to mow your new lawn. Hopefully you can do it when the ground
is fairy dry so that you do not compact the soil, unduly. Raise the
mower blade so that the first cut takes off about an inch of the growth.
Then reduce the blade progressively for the subsequent cuts.

The barish patches will not suffer from your activities, but try not to
tread on those areas until they have caught up with the rest of the
lawn.

PS: If it is a small lawn the first cut could beneficially be with a
garden shears.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Thank you very much for this.
You will forgive me if I don't fancy mowing 1/4 acre with nail clippers ;-)
Just one clarification - I assume you are telling me to mow only 1 inch off
the top the first time around, then leave it for a week or so for the next
one? Or do you mean I should mow several times in the same session, working
my way down the mower's settings ?

--
Cat(h)
The world swirls...