Old 30-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Peter Aitken

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
Peter,

First, congratulations on the healthy roots! Trimming them, in most

cases,
is a good thing, as it encourages branching. Usually, if the Catt is
growing vigorously, it will need to "move up" a pot size, so after

trimming
and cleaning, choose the smallest pot size that will hold both the plant

and
the medium.

HTH

Diana

Thanks for the advice. Another question if I may. Does trimming consist of
cutting off some of the roots entirely, leaving others intact? Or is it
cutting all the roots back, to (say) half their original length?

On a good note, my Massdevalia is about to bloom!

--
Peter Aitken