Old 30-08-2004, 09:39 PM
2pods

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:48:14 -0400, Hal wrote:

I heard it can actually drown the fish to force water backward
through the gills. Hal

Actually they taught us, in the KHA class, to move the fish, but always
head first in a figure 8, not back and forth. They won't drown to my
knowledge.

I'd put some salt in the water, about a 1/2 cup should do it. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

We just added two medium sized Goldfish to our other two in our smaller
pond.
Went out to feed them and could only find three, looked behind a rock, and
there it was. Don't know how long he'd been there.

However, after putting it back in the water, the fish didn't give me a
chance to move him forwards or backwards......just took off at speed !

Peter