Old 31-08-2004, 04:58 AM
wardo

I certainly agree with the juniper suggestion, but in many parts
of the world, Firethorn (Pyracantha) are too disease-prone for a
beginner.

Chinese elm (outdoors and -- with care -- indoors), Ficus
(indoors), privet (outdoors and with a bit more care, indoors),
boxwood (outdoors), juniper (outdoors), bougainvillea (outdoors
whenever possible, indoors in winter), are all likely
candidates for a beginning bonsaiest.

Guys,

I would agree with all of the above except for the Juniper. I started
out with a juniper and ended up killing it (killed 2 actually). The
privet would be my suggestion.

--
wardo
wardo's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...fo&userid=3037