Old 31-08-2004, 05:43 AM
Pat

Default watermelon going insane

One of my sugar babies is getting bigger and bigger, and I don't know if
it's ready to pick or if I should let it grow. It is the biggest sugar baby
I have ever seen - larger than many regular melons. No idea what I did right
with this one, I have other melons in the same garden that just died out.

The stem where it attaches to the vine has not shriveled at all, and the
sound when I knock on it is "pank". I don't want to pick it before it's
ripe, but I'm afraid of waiting too long. We have another month of
frost-free time left here.

Please advise if you can!

Thanks....