Old 31-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] Burning Bush

I have several very large Burning Bushes at various places in my yard as part of the landscaping. Some of them have been kept nice and compact, but there are 3 that we let go wild for a few years (prior to my moving into the house). They are beautiful bushes, but are way out of proportion and need to be drasically reduced. What is the best time of year to do really radical pruning on these: late fall after the leaves have fallen or early spring prior to leaves coming on? Just to keep this a legitimate posting - one of these will probably end up in a large pot at some point, so I don't want to kill any of them!

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++